Calling all wine lovers. A brand new event - the Lake Geneva Festival of Wine - is coming to Grand Geneva Resort & Spa April 8-10. Take part in tastings, entertainment, education, and wellness for a weekend packed with vino entertainment.
The Grand Tasting
Featuring a variety of wineries, the Grand Tasting brings together some of the industry's brightest minds and most delicious wines. Reps from Frank Family Vineyards, Grgich Hills Estate, Duckhorn Vineyards, The Hess Collection, Mondavi Wines, Jackson Family Wines and more will be on hand, enriching your palate with wisdom and wine.
Meanwhile, skilled students from nearby Wilmot High School will battle it out Iron Chef style during the tasting, adding a fun element to the main event. They are members of the ProStart® program, an organization that offers real-world culinary experience and education, inspiring youth to become leaders in the restaurant industry. Part of your proceeds will benefit Wilmot's ProStart team, as well as the Lake Geneva Food Pantry.
The Grand Itinerary
There’s a full agenda of activities open to the public.
Friday, April 8
- 7 pm - Wine and Dine: Experience an intimate wine dinner at one of Grand Geneva's three signature restaurants.
- 7 pm - Paint 'n Sip: Enjoy a glass of wine and receive a painting tutorial, then take home your original masterpiece.
Saturday, April 9
- 9 am - Yoga and Mimosas: Start the morning with a relaxing yoga session and a mimosa (or two). All skill levels are welcome.
- 10 am - Nature Walk: Take a breath of clear country air and enjoy the grand outdoors before all the wine tasting begins.
- 10 am - Paint 'n Sip
- 10-11 am - Seminars: Learn some fascinating facts about the world of wine, from eclectic history to exotic grapes.
- 11am-1pm - Chef Demonstration: Enjoy a delicious lunch and learn some tips from one of the resort's finest chefs.
- 11:30am-12:30pm - Seminars
- 1 pm - VIP Hour begins
- 2-5 pm - Grand Tasting: Featuring the sponsor wineries and Iron Chef competition.
- 7 pm - Wine Dinner: Enjoy an elegant wine dinner at Ristoranté Brissago, Grand Geneva's award-winning Italian restaurant.
Sunday, April 10
- 9 am - Yoga and Mimosas
- 10 am - Nature Walk
- 10am-2pm - Sunday Brunch: Build your own champagne cocktail and fill up on your favorite breakfast and lunch specialties.
Make it Grand
Buy your tickets and reserve room packages at LakeGenevaFestivalofWine.com. Details are subject to change, so keep an eye on the website for the latest info!