History of Lake Geneva
Lake Geneva is a resort city on Geneva Lake in southeastern Wisconsin. The lakeside Shore Path is dotted with Gilded Age mansions, many built by wealthy Chicagoans. Nearby, the 19th-century Black Point Estate and Gardens was the summer home of Chicago beer magnate Conrad Seipp. The Queen Anne–style house has Victorian furnishings. Local beaches include Big Foot Beach State Park, which has trails and picnic areas.
Read more HERE!
Business Funding and Economic Resources
Common resources for funding guidance and assistance for Lake Geneva business owners.
- WCEDA - Walworth County Economic Development Alliance, your complete resource for doing business in Walworth County.
- WEDC - Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- LGEDC - Lake Geneva Economic Development Corporation is designed to coordinate the activities of the public and private sectors to achieve community-wide economic development and local neighborhood improvement.
- WWBIC - Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation
- SBA - Small Business Administration
Business Development and Operations Resources
Check out these organizations for common help and tools with building and development your business.
- UWW-Fiscal and Economic Research Center
- SBDC - Small Business Development Center
- SCORE - SBA Business Mentors
- State Job Center
- City of Lake Geneva Licensing & Permits
A General Business License is required for anyone operating a business in the Lake Geneva City Limits.
Business Tools, Education, and Training Resources
Here are some well-known places to access training and education tools and opportunities for business owners and their employees.
- SBA / SCORE
- Gateway Technical College
- UW Institute for Business & Entrepreneurship
- WI Department of Workforce Development
Additional Valuable Resources
ELECTRIC SERVICES – WE ENERGIES
Business Center: 800-714- 7777
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
CITY OF LAKE GENEVA PARKING INFORMATION
There is Free Parking From November 15th to January 31st. Parking is enforced 9 am to 7 pm daily. Parking Services Offered:
THE RIVIERA BEACH
The Riviera Beach is open during summer months beginning Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily.
For full information about the Riviera Beach and a Season Pass Form, Download the Beach Brochure.