Lake Geneva Restaurant Week
April 22-30, 2023 Learn More
Lake Geneva, WI
Website | Phone: (262) 298-9084
Mission: Since 1964, the Geneva Lake Women’s Association (GLWA) has been an active social service organization bringing together women of greater Walworth County with diverse backgrounds and unique talents. The Geneva Lake Women’s Association was originally chartered as the Junior Chamber of Commerce Auxiliary (aka, Jaycettes). In 1985, the Jaycettes became the Geneva Lake Women’s Association. The goal was to meet the ever-changing needs of the community through a wide range of fundraisers, volunteerism, and service projects. GLWA is recognized in good standing as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose purpose is to offer assistance, support and encouragement to greater Walworth County residents. Through fundraising projects and volunteerism, the Geneva Lake Women’s Association dedicates itself to the future of our community. We accomplish this through:
• Supporting young women in their pursuit of higher education.
• Supporting people with disabilities to grow and lead productive, joy-filled lives.
• Supporting local organizations that provide support to greater Walworth County residents in need.
• Doing service projects that support the community.
Community Resource Example: The GLWA organization supports 20+ charities in greater Walworth County via donations and volunteerism. Examples are:
• Our scholarship program supports young women who reside or attend school in Walworth County in their pursuit of higher education. Students apply for a $1,000.00 per year scholarship over 4 years. In addition, we provide a scholarship for the retailer Inspired Coffee who trains and employs people with disabilities. Through the Inspired scholarship they empower people with disabilities to live and achieve their individual best.
• We support Special Olympics and the YMCA Dream Teams for people with disabilities.
• We assist local organizations such as Side by Side, Walworth County Food and Diaper Bank, and New Beginnings to provide support to the Walworth community in times of need through donations.
• We are a partner of the Walworth County United Way. We provide volunteer support for their annual Das Fest fundraiser.
Most Urgent Need: Continuing to find sources of funding to support our scholarships and organizations in greater Walworth County.