Visitors travel from near and far to watch the magic of autumn colors in Wisconsin and there’s no better place to watch this natural wonder than the Lake Geneva region. With an abundance of lakes, nature areas and outdoor recreation spaces, you’ll find room to roam and take in the crisp fall air with every step. Here are some of our favorite – and unique – ways to enjoy the fall colors in Lake Geneva.
1. Geneva Lake Shore Path - Plan to stretch your legs on a stretch of the 21-mile shore path that completely encircles Geneva Lake. The incredible estates and magnificent mansions that rim the lake look even more impressive against a backdrop of saturated fall color.
2. Lake Cruises - Lake Geneva Cruise Line is a sight-seeing must and there are a variety of tour options running through October. Bonus: The narration means you’ll learn about all those lovely homes you saw on the Shore Path. Why stop at one lake when you can tour two? The Lake Lawn Queen at Lake Lawn Resort is an impressive double-decker vessel offering a memorable cruise on Delavan Lake.
3. Golf - Get in a bit more time on the greens surrounded by a kaleidoscope of reds, yellows and oranges when you book tee times at any one of our legendary golf courses.
4. Grand Geneva Adventure Center - This is the proverbial one-stop-shop for families who like to stay active. You can hike, bike, play disc golf, rent a scooter for a ride on a rustic road and more.
5. Kishwauketoe Nature Conservancy - This hidden gem has rolling creeks, calm ponds and lush fall colors, all visible when you stroll the boardwalk that hovers above a wetland or walk the trails that meander through the 231 acres of forests and prairie.
6. Dan Patch Stables - Fall is a great time to get back in the saddle with family and friends for a horseback ride through the countryside or a spook-tacular haunted hayride.
7. Lake Geneva Ziplines & Adventures - Scream like a kid on the ziplines that take you over the tree canopy on this 100-acre woodland property, test your fortitude on the high ropes excursions, and take to the hiking and mountain biking trails.
8. Lake Geneva Scooter Tours - Scoot on your own or take a guided tour around Lake Geneva and scenic rural roads.
9. Avant Cycle Cafe - Bike your way through the area with a rental. See fall colors in an adventurous way as you rent a bike or e-bike from Avant Cycle Cafe. While you are waiting to hit the road grab a fall flavored latte then explore local trails with epic views.
10. Lake Geneva Balloon Company – Floating above the treetops in a hot air balloon is a breathtaking and memorable experience. Flights are offered until mid-November.
11. East Troy Railroad Museum - Think of this as a step back in time, when life was a little simpler, as you ride the historic electric interurban trolley cars on a 10-mile trip.
12. Wholesome Harvest Fun - There’s no need to hibernate once a chill takes to the air in Lake Geneva. Pick your own apples and pumpkins, indulge in fresh apple pastries and cider, or sample award-winning fruit wines at one of our many orchards and wineries.
TIP: Fall colors typically peak in Lake Geneva around mid to late October, but you can follow their progress by checking the Travel Wisconsin Fall Color Report.