Get into the Spirit of the Spooky Season in Lake Geneva
Welcome to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, where the spooky season comes alive with a mix of family-friendly fun and spine-tingling activities. Whether you're looking for a day of festive celebrations or a night of eerie encounters, there is something for everyone. Grab your friends and family and make it a weekend of fun, frights, and festivities!
Lake Geneva starts the fun early with some great family-friendly and fun activities to get you in the mood. Whether you’re into adrenaline filled fun with pumpkins, an afternoon stroll to learn some interesting history about our wonderful town, or gathering the family in a Halloween decorated Igloo you are sure to enjoy your trip. Outdoor enthusiasts can get into the spirit of the season with a nighttime hike at the local State Park and the Abbey Resort has a fun dinner theater event that will set the stage for a howling good time.
- Spooky Lakeside Igloo Experience at Lake Lawn Resort | Daily through Halloween
- Pumpkin Drop & Annual Fall Festival at the Lake Geneva Zip Lines | Oct. 20-22
- Holy Ghost Bingo: God, Goblins, and Games at The Abbey Resort | Oct. 20
- Sordid and Scandalous Walking Tour of Lake Geneva with the Black Point Historians | Oct. 21
- Fall Illuminated Hike at Big Foot Beach State Park | Oct. 21
We’ll get the traditional Halloween fun started early with Trick or Treat Train Rides on the East Troy Railroad Museum historic trains, happening weekends during October. Grab the family and enjoy an afternoon ride with a fun stop to do some trick-or-treating, costumes are highly encouraged! Or maybe you are looking for something crafty or on the quieter side while you’re visiting? Swing by the only Boba shop in town, the O2 Lounge, for a Sunday afternoon of Pumpkin Painting with the kiddos. If you are starting your fall spooky getaway early in the week, you could stop by the Lake Geneva Public Library for a mid-morning Classic Halloween Film Screening.
For those seeking a dose of spine-chilling excitement, Lake Geneva offers a variety of activities and events that are sure to get your hair to stand on end. One of the must-visit attractions is the Haunted Hayrides and the Haunted Barn at the Dan Patch Stables at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa Fridays and Saturdays through October 28th. Hop aboard a tractor-drawn wagon and venture through the dark woods, encountering terrifying surprises along the way. It's an adrenaline-pumping experience that will leave you on the edge of your seat.
If you are a mystery junkie, then you should book an escape room experience. The Lake Geneva Clue Room has a perfect spooky room, the Dark Carnival, that is sure to put you in the Halloween spirit as you try to escape it. We also suggest getting a closer look at the haunted history of Lake Geneva by joining one of the Ghost Walks held every weekend during October. You never know who you might encounter as you explore downtown Lake Geneva. And what better way to embrace the dark and spooky nature of this time of the year than to take an evening boat ride with the Lake Geneva Cruise Lines to Black Point Estate for Poe at the Point to enjoy a dramatic reading of Edgar Allan Poe stories. The dark skies, misty moon over the lake, and historic surroundings make a perfect way to usher in the Halloween weekend!
If you are visiting with family and friends and looking for fun activities that the whole family can get involved in, we’ve got you covered. From magic shows to family Halloween parties on a boat to pumpkin smashing, you are sure to find the perfect fun for everyone! Here are a few of our favorite happenings around the area.
- Lake Geneva Halloween MAGIC Show with David Seebach at Tristan Crist Magic Theater | Oct. 27 & 29
- Haunted Hit & Play at Lake Geneva Tennis | Oct. 28
- Stage Frights Film Festival & Halloween Haunts at Lake Geneva House of Music | Oct. 28
- Family Halloween Party & Boat Cruise at Lake Lawn Resort | Oct. 29
- Trunk or Treat at Lake City Social | Oct. 29
- Halloween Pumpkin Drop at Lake Geneva Ziplines & Adventures | Oct 31
While Lake Geneva offers plenty of family-friendly fun, adults looking for a thrilling Halloween experience to spice up the season won’t be disappointed. Dress up in your most creative costume and immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere at one of these favorite local haunts.
- Halloween Boat Bash for adults at Lake Lawn Resort | Oct. 28
- Monster Mash Adult Halloween Party at Lake Lawn Resort | Oct 28
- Halloween Dinner & Concert at Pier 290 | Oct. 28
- Haunted Mansion Halloween Party at the Baker House 1885 | Oct. 28
- Halloween Bash at The Thirsty Parrot | Oct. 28
- Halloween Party at Thumps Up | Oct. 28
- Halloween Spooktacular at MAGPIES Den & Pen | Oct. 28
Lake Geneva is a destination everyone can have fun in during the spooky season. Whether you're seeking family fun, spine-tingling experiences, or a glimpse into the town's haunted history, Lake Geneva has it all. Embrace the festive spirit, immerse yourself in the spooky ambiance, and create unforgettable memories this Halloween season. Don't miss out on the enchanting charm and thrilling adventures that await you!